Learning in life never stops; it can’t; it doesn’t want to. The human mind wants to develop and achieve more than you can imagine. Motivational quotes are a food of positive spirit and an energy drink to all efforts. Here are some of the best quotes which can kick-start the best of you even in the rainiest days. Enjoy.
1. “When you look at yourself from a universal standpoint, something inside always reminds or informs you that there are bigger and better things to worry about.” – Albert Einstein
2. “Desire is the key to motivation, but its determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – commitments to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.” – Mario Andretti
3. “An invincible determination can accomplish almost anything and in this lies the great distinction between great men and little men.” –Thomas Fuller
4. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
5. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
6. “Out of clutter, find Simplicity. From discord, find Harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies Opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
7. “He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.” – Chinese Proverb
8. “If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make something out of you” – Muhammad Ali
9. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” –George Eliot
10. “There isn’t a person anywhere who isn’t capable of doing more than he thinks he can.” – Henry Ford
11. “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” – Stephen King
12. “If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts, he shall end in certainty.” – Francis Bacon
13. “You don’t write because you want to say something; you write because you’ve got something to say.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
14. “A friendship founded on business is better than a business founded on friendship.” – John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
15. “Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, ‘What’s in it for me?’” – Brian Tracy
16. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
17. “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” – Albert Einstein
18. “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” – Napoleon Hill
19. “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” – Henry Ford
20. “Try not to be a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein
21. “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” – Bill Cosby
22. “You can’t ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.” – Steve Jobs
23. “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” – Richard Branson
24. “Every artist was first an amateur.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
25. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
26. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that frightens us. Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.” – Nelson Mandela
27. “You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment that you will ever make. – Gorden B. Hinkley
28. “The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think, say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company…a church…a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past… The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you… we are in charge of our attitudes.” – Charles Swindoll
29. “It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.” – E.E. Cummings
30.“In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can’t build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery and death” – Anne Frank, writer
31. “You must learn to be still in the midst of activity and to be vibrantly alive in repose.” – Indira Gandhi, Indian politician
32. “If you want the rainbow, you’ve got to put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton, singer
32. “Each has his past shut in him like the leaves of a book known to him by heart and his friends can only read the title.” – Virginia Woolf, writer
33. “And he gave it for his opinion, that whoever could make two ears of corn, or two blades of grass, to grow upon a spot of ground where only one grew before, would deserve better of mankind, and do more essential service to his country, than the whole race of politicians put together.“ – Jonathan Swift
34. “The moment of truth, the sudden emergence of a new insight, is an act of intuition. Such intuitions give the appearance of miraculous flushes, or short-circuit of reasoning. In fact they may be likened to an immersed chain, of which only the beginning and the end are visible above the surface of consciousness. The diver vanishes at one end of the chain and comes up at the other end, guided by invisible links. “- Arthur Koestler Novelist, Essayist
35. “Well done is better than well said. “- Benjamin Franklin Politician, Writer, Scientist
36. “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for. “ – William G.T. Shedd (Theologian, Teacher, Pastor)
37. “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. “ – Napoleon Hill Motivational Author
38. “Be sure when you step, step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s a great balancing act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed). Kid, you’ll move mountains. “ – Theodor Seuss Geisel Writer, Cartoonist, Animator
39. “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. “ – Robert F. Kennedy 64th Us Attorney General
40. “College is something you complete. Life is something you experience. So don’t worry about your grade, or the results or success. Success is defined in myriad ways, and you will find it, and people will no longer be grading you, but it will come from your own internal sense of decency. “- Jon Stewart Television Host, Writer, Comedian
41. “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” – Vince Lombardi
42. “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of Hell, a hell of Heaven.” – John Milton
43. “The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself.” – Oscar Wilde
44. “Leaders aren’t born, they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that’s the price we’ll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal.” – Vince Lombardi
45. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
46. “When I step onto the court, I don’t have to think about anything. If I have a problem off the court, I find that after I play, my mind is clearer and I can come up with a better solution. It’s like therapy. It relaxes me and allows me to solve problems.” – Michael Jordan.
47. “Courage is an inner resolution to go forward despite obstacles;
Cowardice is submissive surrender to circumstances.
Courage breeds creativity; Cowardice represses fear and is mastered by it.
Cowardice asks the question, is it safe?
Expediency ask the question, is it politic?
Vanity asks the question, is it popular?
But conscience ask the question, is it right? And there comes a time when we must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because it is right.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
48. “Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
49. “A champion needs a motivation above and beyond winning.” – Pat Riley
50. “I have always been pushed by the negative. The apparent failure of a play sends me back to my typewriter that very night, before the reviews are out. I am more compelled to get back to work than if I had a success. “ – Tennessee Williams
51. “I’ve always felt it was not up to anyone else to make me give my best.” – Hakeem Olajuwon
52. “Two purposes in human nature rule. Self-love to urge, and reason to restrain.” – Alexander Pope
53. “A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done.” – Vince Lombardi
54. “The best motivating is self-motivating. The guy says, I wish someone would come by and turn me on. What if they don’t show up? You’ve got to have a better plan for your life.” – Jim Rohn
55. “People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.” – Norman Vincent Peale
56. “Your time is limited; don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinion drowned your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
57. “Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.” – Leonardo da Vinci
58. “We must not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we began and to know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Eliot
59. “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King
60. “Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you’ll find one at the end of your arm … As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands. One for helping yourself, the other for helping others.” – Audrey Hepburn
61. “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.”- Ryunosuke Satoro
62. “Actions are seeds of fate. Seeds grow into destiny.” – Harry Truman
63. “My heroes are the ones who survived doing it wrong, who made mistakes, but recovered from them.” – Bono
64. “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” – John F. Kennedy
65. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela